Vibro Replacement (Stone Columns)
Stone columns or Vibro Replacement is a technique of Ground Improvement which primarily enhance the performance of weak and organic soils. Stone columns reduce the potential for liquefaction of the soils during an earthquake. Vibro replacement or stone columns improve the resistance of soils to liquefaction by the following:
- Stone Column treatment densify the native soils.
- Vibro replacement or stone columns reinforce the original weak soils.
- Stone Columns improve the drainage of earthquake-induced pore water pressures.
Stone columns increase the bearing capacity of soils, reduce total & differential settlement and mitigate the risk of liquefaction during earthquakes.
Projects involving Vibro Replacement (Stone Columns) include:
- Traditional Souq Project
- Desalination Plant - IWP3 - Shuqaiq
- Desalination Plant- Kalba
- The Ground Improvement Works For Warehouse, Sharjah
- P100, Al Taweelah, Abu Dhabi
- SRSBM Substation, Design District
- Ground Improvement Works – (G+4F+R)
- Ground Improvement Works - For Proposed Down Town Residential Tower, Business Bay