Micropiling, Soil Nailing, Shotcreting and Jet Grouting
Mircropiles are small diameter piles, generally 300mm or less in diameter, and may be useful for carrying (a) small compression loads or (b) uplift loads or (c) for earth retention where enough area is not available for normal earth retention systems. Micropiles may also find use in low headroom applications. Ammico has extensive experience in installation of micropiles in various types of ground conditions.
Soil nailing and shotcreting may be an economical solution for stabilization of rock excavations against local failure in medium to strong rocks where such rocks are generally stable under a vertical cut or under a slope close to vertical. Jet grouting can be a useful method for ground improvement in certain types of soils.
Projects involving Micropiling, Soil Nailing, Shotcreting and Jet Grouting include:
- Construction of Mega Reservoirs – Umm Birka (Package A) & Althumama (Package C), Qatar
- BP18A – Enabling Works for Mixed Use Buildings – Commercial Boulevard, Qatar
- Construction Package for Museum of Islamic Art Park Phase - 1, Qatar
- HH Sheikh Muhammed Bin Rashid Solar Park Project (Plot A, B & C), UAE
- Duba Green - Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Power Plant Project, KSA
- Waad-al-Shamal Integrated Solar Combined Cycle Power Plant - Turaif, KSA
- 405MWp Solar Power Generation Plant Project - Sakaka, KSA
- Main Sewerage Transmission Line – Qassim